This module is written by Teresa Pessoa, & Sandra Fernandes & Ana Amélia Carvalho,
University of Coimbra, Portugal.Narration by Chris Malherbe, English@Work, Germany.Vocabulary list by Learnmera Oy, Finland.Cartoons, layout and video by Boris Stoyanov, e-Training Solutions, Germany.
This self-help learning module has been designed for people who want to improve their learning strategies – whether learning on their own or in a group with others. It conveys a set of rules, objectives and procedures that make learning easier and contains a special section for people with reading and writing difficulties. It is designed to enable you to become a better learner.
This self-help learning module is suitable for you if:
• You have trouble getting started with your learning
• You have a tendency to be easily bored or drift away while learning
• You are inconsistent in your learning progress and achievements
• You do not tend to stay focused and give up easily
• You feel overwhelmed by the task of learning
Required level of English language proficiency to read and understand this module:
B1 or higher
Based on: Europass Language Passport
Estimated time to complete the module:
Upon completion of this module you will be:
• Able to give yourself and others better and more meaningful feedback
• More motivated to learn English and track your learning progress
• Capable of self-disciplining yourself and structuring your learning
• More self-driven and motivated to learn English
• Be able to apply time management techniques
This E-learning book is an open educational resource. It uses open-source technology and multimedia. It is mobile-friendly and device-independent. It is delivered online but there also is an offline version. The self-help learning program is designed for individual learners to work on their own and includes practice activities. It can also be used in a classroom as part of an instructor-led training program.
© 2014-2017 University of Coimbra, Portugal: The materials are Open Educational Resources. As a learner or trainer, you may download, reproduce, customize and otherwise make use of the materials. You may also amend, edit or otherwise change all original text, provided that all original copyright notices remain intact and appear on all amended versions or reproductions thereof. You may distribute the materials by any means including electronic mail or on a storage device such as a CD for the purpose of education or training. However, the materials may not be sold, leased or loaned. Any other use of the materials not defined in this agreement is subject to our written approval. Vocabulary list by © 2017 Learnmera Oy (CC BY-NC)Cartoons by © 2016-2017 Boris Stoyanov (CC BY-NC-ND). Produced for SupEFL project 2014-1-DE02-KA200-001093